Saturday, December 12

Not a good one to begin with...

Richard (fiancé) & I were supposed to reach office by 10a.m. I guess he overslept and came to pick me up only at 10.10a.m. Due to the traffic in LDP Highway, we did not have time to eat the breakfast as the usual place. I suggested to quickly grab some kuih-muih from the road side stall operated by some young indo-ladies along the mentari court apartment. I picked fried noodles and Richard picked fried magee, with a fried egg each. Once paid, we headed to the office right away and then to the pantry.

Opened the fried noodles pack so does Richard. I could hear my heart saying; this is not going to be nice. Lifted a tiny bit of the noodles and there it goes into my mouth. *Paused! I smelled something unpleasant.

Me: Dear, can you smell my noodles. It stinks!
Richard: No larrr…It could be some belacan smell..
Me: hmmm…okay

I was not convinced to eat the noodles. I knew something was wrong then. I decided to finish up the fried egg only. The moment a tiny portion of the egg yolk entered my mouth, the first thing I felt was to puke. The smell was so awful. The egg was actually rotten. Thank God it did not go down my throat otherwise I would have been down with food poison or diarrhea. I ran hell out to the toilet because the vomiting sensation was high. After washing my mouth several times, I ran back to the office to stop Richard from what he was eating. He did not realize the egg was rotten because he was busy enjoying the fried magee and has not touched the fried egg yet. Thank God!

What happened after the incident? We threw away everything and gulp down a glass of Nescafe and that’s all for breakfast until we headed to my home for vegetarian lunch.

Guys, the rotten fried egg looked similar like this, so dont get cheated. Smell your egg before you eat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

fuhdee... Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template