Saturday, February 20

Curry Noodles in the house

I wanted to make Curry Noodles few weeks back. But, I had to cancel the plan due to my cake order. Now that I’m free, I decided to make them for dinner. I started by looking for a good curry noodle recipe with the hope that it won’t turn me down.

First, I prepared the dry curry chicken. Yes! I did a separate chicken curry dish. Here are the pictures

The ingredients

Chicken Wing (My all time favourite)

Half way through in the wok

Dry Curry Chicken ready!

I’m sharing the curry noodle recipe here. Give it a try and I bet you it is very delicious.
(Altered the original recipe for my liking)

Ingredients:

300g Yellow noodles, wash and drained well
300g Koay Teow, wash and drained well
150g Bean sprouts, blanched
8 Pieces of bean curd, sliced
5 Pieces of fish cake, sliced

For the curry:
thick milk from 2 coconuts
4 cm Fresh turmeric
4 cm Fresh ginger, sliced
4 cm Galangal, sliced
6 Lemon grass (white part), sliced
6 Candlenuts
15 Dried chilies, blanched (mine was superp spicy)
10 Shallots, peeled
1 cm Shrimp paste
4 cloves Garlic, peeled
4 cups Water or stock
2 tablespoons Cooking oil
1 teasspoon salt

Method:
1. Use a food processor to grind the turmeric, ginger, galangal, lemon grass, candlenuts, dried chilies, shallots, shrimp paste and garlic into a fine paste
2. Heat the oil in a pot.
3. Fry the curry paste until fragrant.
4. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add water or stock and bring to boil.
6. Add bean curd, fish cake, coconut milk and salt.
7. Simmer the curry over low heat. Keep warm

To serve
1. Put some bean sprouts, noodles and ladle the hot gravy in.
2. Add in chicken pieces.

Here are some of the pictures:

The ingredients (to blend)

Heating the oil

Frying the blended ingredients
.
.
.
.
The end result (i was just too busy to capture the in between procedures)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
By the way, i did two versions of curry. Non vege & Vegtarian. Here is the Vegetarian Version for Mom.


Non Vege Version for all of us:

My family enjoyed the dinner despite complaining it being spicy. Hahah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

fuhdee... Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template