Monday, February 8

A Surprise for you!

Remember me telling about the surprise birthday cake ordered by my aunt’s friend from UK for her bro-in-law. Yeah…It’s done and now I shall blog about it.

I received a call from Amutha (UK) on last Wednesday requesting me to bake a cake for her bro in-law’s 50th Birthday on Sunday. Despite the tight deadline and also many designing task at work, I agreed to bake. We then had a tele-conversation and msn chat. I asked if she has any idea on the theme, colour, etc , etc, and all she told me was, “I NEED SOMETHING GRAND”. I leave the rest to you.

I took 2 consecutive days to purchase the ingredients. I source out for the best quality ingredients only. It was a long & tiring day for me because the whole of Saturday was busy for me as I had to purchase the ingredients and attended my cousin’s wedding reception. I started the cake project on Saturday after the wedding reception, at 10.30 pm. While I was getting the ingredients ready in the kitchen, I found something which made me go nuts. The milk I was suppose to use for the butter cake was spoilt. Where the hell I should get that can of milk at this hour where all the shops had closed. 7- Eleven strike my mind. Oh yeahh I should give it a try. Off I went to 7-Eleven at 11pm with my cousin. I told her, if we don’t get the milk here, we shall drive down to TESCO. GOD was good enough to leave one last can of milk on the 7-Eleven’s shelve. Then I came back with the big smile on my face.

Since everything was ready, what’s next? Bake the cake larrrrrr!!! I bake 2 butter cakes. One big and one small. While the first cake was nicely sitting in the oven, I made the sugar icing and then prepared the ingredients for the second cake. After the long hours of standing by in the kitchen, I then finally finished baking at 3am. The overall process took 4 ½ hours. What’s next? I took a quick shower & went into my dream land (sleep) at around 3.30am. Of course I make sure I put alarm on at 8.45am.

So, did I wake at 8.45? The answer was NO. I overslept for 15 minutes. I woke at 9am and quickly got my self shower, pray, and kick start my decorating work. I did not even dare to spare a few minutes for my breakfast as I’m worried I can't finish decorating on time. There I worked with an empty stomach.

And the end result... >>>>>
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
tadaaaaaaa!!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Here you go....Presenting one of my masterpiece.





I finished the entire design at 5.45pm and by the time I finished the cameras were all around snapping the good nice shot. After getting some shots, I then changed into another t-shirt and off we went for delivery.

Phewwwww!!!!!...Im finally done with it after 12 1/2 hours of hardwork. Now it's time delivery...

My aunt volunteered to drive the car >>>>>

Me at the back seat with that lovely baby sitting on my lap >>>>>

Posing before climbing up the stairs >>>>>

At the entrace of his house...shuuuuuuu!!!!!!

We enterered the house and my aunt shouted, "surprise for you from UK". The birthday boy (sorry men) was missing in action. He was not around in the house when we arrived. We then left the cake to his beloved angel.

His angel >>>>>


Peeping at the cake >>>>>

She was overall very surprised & happy for the cake. She made everyone a cup of nescafe & we chit chat a while.

When we arrive her house, she was busy doing some pearl necklaces. OH God, she's a superb talented lady. She does the most beautiful necklaces. Take a look at some of her works.


It's lovely isn't it? I think i'm going to get one for myself soon...(Richard if you read this please note)

What's next? We headed back home and reached home at 8pm. Clean & tidy up the kitchen, take shower, eat dinner, uploaded some photos for Amutha (she just can't wait to see the end result)


That's all for my update on the cake. I really hope Mr.Nathan & his family enjoyed the cake. I also would like to thank Ms.Amutha for the lovely opportunity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

fuhdee... Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template